Author Topic: PhoenixCard 3.06 not allowing SD creation  (Read 11859 times)

Billbo911

PhoenixCard 3.06 not allowing SD creation
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
I am running Windows 8 Pro 64bit, (and that might be the problem).
When I try to burn an image to a MicroSD card, PhoenixCard keeps the "Burn" button, and the "Format to Normal" button grayed out.
In the dialog panel it keeps saying " Find 5 devices, Please select correct one." even when the correct one is selected in the "disk" window and the correct image is selected.

Any ideas??

Billbo911

Re: PhoenixCard 3.06 not allowing SD creation
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »
FIXED!!!

Your are not going to believe this.
PhoenixCard can not recognize the Micro SD unless it is in a single card reader. WHO USES THAT???

I have 3 different multi-card readers. All created this same error.

I found here, http://www.wayteq.eu/en/node/569, the directions to solve this issue.

Basically you just need to use Device Manager to "Disable" all other card readers, except the one that the Micro SD is in.  What a Joke!!! But, it works.

Billbo911

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 02:36:01 PM »
One step forward, two back!

Now that I was able to burn to an Micro SD card, I am able to image the PCDuino with Android. One step forward.

I now want to re-load the Linux Kernel and Ubuntu.
I followed the Users Guide of OS installation for PCDuino, https://s3.amazonaws.com/pcduino/User+Guide/pcDuino+OS+Installation+Guide.pdf, to the letter, several times, but no joy!! Two steps back!

When I attempt to re-load the Linux Kernel according to step "d" on page 10, I never get the TX and RX blinking as described, even if I wait 10 minutes. I can eject the mSD card and reset and then get the Rx on and the Tx blinking slowly.
The screen at that point is just a blank purple, no cursor, nothing.
If I then try to load the Ubuntu image as described, NOTHING happens.

I'm guessing the Kernel never gets loaded properly.

So, any ideas what the heck is happening??

pcDuinoer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
You are actually one step away from the final goal  :). The Rx stays on and Tx is blinking slowly, it means the Kernel is actually updated correctly. Now the board is waiting for Ubuntu images to be updated. Please follow the step 2 in the instruction manual to burn the Ubuntu image. Good luck!

digitalhack

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »

I have successfully reloaded NAND on my pcDuino using Windows Pro 64Bit but I went about it a slightly different way.

I used LiveSuit.

I started by running LiveSuit and selecting the A10_kernel_20130203.img from the rar on the downloads page.

Then I powered on the pcDuino while holding down the switch marked SW2 between the HDMI socket and the header pins at the bottom of the board.

After the pcDuino powers up I release SW2 and LiveSuit loads the image file.

I then take an SD card fat formatted and load env_nandd.fex, ubuntu_20130203.img and update.sh all from the rar file on to the sd card.

I power off the pcDuino, load the sd card and boot it.

In about ten minutes I have a freshly loaded system.

The instructions can be found at the bottom of this page: https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-pcduino/changing-the-os.

rb15

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:09:29 AM »
FIXED!!!

Your are not going to believe this.
PhoenixCard can not recognize the Micro SD unless it is in a single card reader. WHO USES THAT???

Thanks for the detective work. I was having the same issue. So far I've only flashed/installed Android and it's working fine.

Billbo911

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »
You are actually one step away from the final goal  :). The Rx stays on and Tx is blinking slowly, it means the Kernel is actually updated correctly. Now the board is waiting for Ubuntu images to be updated. Please follow the step 2 in the instruction manual to burn the Ubuntu image. Good luck!

What I experienced is a bit different, although I am now fully back to Ubuntu.

I believe it may be related to my MicroSD  cards, but I can't prove that.
When ever I powered down after installing the Kernel, then powered back on with the MicroSD inserted containing the 3 Ubuntu files, the board would not automatically install the files.
I got it to work by simply inserting the MicroSD  with the files while the board was powered on and it IMMEDIATELY started copying them to the board. 10 minutes later and I was back to the original factory config!!

Rice_Crisp

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Ok, so I went into the device manager, portable devices, and disabled all the drives except the one with the SD card, but PhoenixCard is still saying there are 5 devices.